Saturday, April 20, 2013
10 Reasons Why Jay-Z Is A BOSS
1. Jay-Z may be a hip-hop mogul but music is not his only business. He recently launched his own sports agency, Roc Nation Sports.
2. When Jay-Z first started his career, he didn’t wait for anyone to give him a record deal. Instead, he started his own label, Rock-A-Fella Records, in 1996.
3. Jay and Bey love to attend basketball games so it would only makes sense for a BOSS to buy partial ownership of the Brooklyn Nets.
4. He’s an entrepreneur in every sense of the word. In 2008, Jay partnered with Live Nation to create Roc Nation, a full-service entertainment company that includes artists like Rihanna, J Cole, Melanie Fiona and Shakira.
5. At the height of its success, Rocawear was one of the top-selling and most-recognizable urban brands on the market.
6. He’s released 11 studio albums, earned 17 Grammys and sold over 50 million albums globally
7. If you thought Jay-Z was only music, clothes and sports, you’re all wrong. He provides a place for you to get your party on, too. He’s the co- owner of the 40/40 club chain.
8. What other rapper/ former CEO of Def Jam Recordings/ NBA owner is friends with the President?
9. Mayor Bloomberg said it best, “He put a ring on Beyonce!” With combined assets, Jay-Z and his beautiful wife Beyonce are music’s first billionaire couple.
10. He’s a family man. It’s not out of the ordinary to see Mr. Carter out and about with his wife and 1-year-old daughter Blue Ivy Carter.